Training Organization Recognition List
The National Workforce Registry Alliance understands that organizations providing training to early care and education and afterschool professionals in multiple states are faced with time-consuming registry approval processes in each of the states in which they provide that training.
To soothe this issue, in 2017 the NWRA developed a process with criteria based on best practices to create a list of Recognized Training Organizations. This list may be used by professional registries to expedite approval processes for training organizations already recognized by the NWRA. Developed with and by state members, states hold an organizational SOAR goal to have 50% of states utilizing this TOR list or standard by 2023. To date, approximately 17 of 45 states follow, weigh, or utilize this commitment to quality as a component in their training recognition.
The criteria for inclusion on the TOR list is to address a commitment to quality, best practices, and accountability in the organization’s design and structure of training. TOR criteria, through the NWRA, do not focus on any individual course, training, or individual instructors. Rather, the focus is on the demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement by a third-party validator or pathway that holds the organization accountable for doing what it says it will do, thereby protecting the adult learner and integrity of the training organization.
Implementing the NWRA’s TOR criteria is optional with each member registry. Individual professional registries may opt to streamline approval for training organizations that have gone through the NWRA’s vetting process or they may continue to require organizations to utilize some portion, or all, of the review/approval process specific to their state or region which may include additional quality standards for trainers or specific training.
Training Organization Recognition Criteria
The intention of this method is to recognize organizations that have demonstrated the following:
- Instructors have knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Instructors have professional knowledge and qualifications to teach in the content area of the training.
- Training provided has clearly stated learning outcomes for the participants.
- Training content is appropriate to and designed for early care and education or afterschool workers.
- The hour or CEU value of training is consistently and properly calculated.
- Training completion is properly documented and stored.
CRITERIA FOR LIST INCLUSION
The organization providing training will submit an application form and the required review fee to the Alliance.
Current accreditation processes encompass the criteria for this program. Organizations with any of the below designations will be considered for application:
- Is an Institution of Higher Education accredited by a member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
All training organizations must annually confirm that their accreditation status is active and renew their status with the list.
Recognized Training Organization Listing
To apply for National Training Organization Recognition from the NWRA, submit
this form and all documentation electronically or email to email@example.com. *Digital submissions only, upload documents to form.
- Evidence of IACET or MACTE Training Organization Accreditation (certificate/documentation with dates)
- OR Evidence of Instructional Accreditation by an Accreditor who is Recognized by CHEA (NAEYC)
- A statement outlining/crosswalking which Core Knowledge Area Standards are used by the organization (see NAEYC’s CKAs, your state’s CKAs, or the CDA Council, for examples)
- A sample copy of a completed certification of training issued by the organization (with evidence of accreditation, CKA, etc.)
- The Statement of Assurance is signed by a director or president of the organization (see pdf below).
To initiate application processing, you can pay your application fee digitally or by mailing a check for $300 to National Workforce Registry Alliance, Inc., P.O. Box 58190, Washington, DC 20037-8190.