Now more than ever our nation depends on our early childhood workforce.

We are proud to release The National Workforce Registry Alliance’s 2021 Workforce Dataset: Early Childhood and School-Age Workforce Trends with a Focus on Racial/Ethnic Equity


Supporting our Early Childhood Education Workforce

Our Vision 

Our nation will demonstrate commitment to quality early care and education through just compensation of a well prepared and supported early childhood and out-of-school time workforce by utilizing reliable data to inform equitable policy decisions and drive research.

Our Mission

The National Workforce Registry Alliance advances a prepared, supported, equitably represented and recognized early childhood and out-of-school time workforce by establishing and supporting quality data and professional development system standards for registries.


"To reach ALL children with high quality care and education,
we must reach ALL members of the early learning workforce with
the support, compensation, and recognition that cultivates their belonging."

Kimberlee Belcher-Badal, Ph.D. , Executive Director
National Workforce Alliance Registry

To access the full document, click the link below.

Our Vision & Social Impact

To learn more about what where we’re headed, check out our Theory of Change. In our vision for the future, our work ensures:

 All children have access to a well prepared, adequately compensated ECE/OST Professionals who are the delivery system for high quality care and education.

 Disaggregated data demonstrates equitable
access to quality, support, and just compensation.

 All members of the Early Learning workforce
can be reached with critical updates, timely
information, and access to support that ensures
their inclusion, recognition and representation in
workforce data.

 Integrated data aggregation allows public access to relevant, timely, reliable, representative workforce data using a Census Model, with interval reporting.

Drafted in 2022, with the input of the NWRA leadership, JEDI Committee, and through support provided by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.

“We found that the Ohio registry’s data is unique, reliable, robust, and valid. This included more than 97% of the initial registry data passing data quality standards. Ohio also had preexisting procedures to continuously improve the remaining 3%. I wish more of the private, public, and independent sector leaders who reach out had this initial quality of data as a starting point for analytics. The good news is registries are uniquely suited to accelerate to this level with powerful returns for the workforce, children, and decision makers.”

Don Upton , President, New Systems Ethic, Inc.

Learn more about what we do:

Our programs convene, organize and set standards to help unify and guide early learning professional development registries across the nation provide.


Members Focus

View our membership map to see who our state members include or view individual state profiles.



With the support of our volunteer workforce allies, together we work to ensure those who care for children are represented, well-prepared, and justly compensated.


Latest News & Updates